Sunday, May 18, 2014

Runners in BGC

Early in the morning of May 17, 2014, I saw some runners as I was headed home from my Friday night shift. I’ve always been wanting to run or jog, get fit and healthy but time is a bit scarce. I think the same is true for most of us. I was surpised to see this number of runners or joggers even without an organized marathon. Most of them are running alone though a few have running buddies.


People are running for different reasons. But all with the same goal getting fit. Some run in place. Some are very serious about it, maybe for a greater purpose like running a marathon or gunning for ironman. Running is a lifestyle. It requires commitment and inspiration. Why are they running? Let's find out.







 This is Pia Corpuz she said she is running just to sweat it out. I saw her running there is no sign that she was having difficulty running at all. I think she was just having fun.


This is Merlyn Orolfo 61 years old. I saw her running with her husband. She said she was running for fitness, because when you getting old you need to be fit.  I think running makes you look younger.


Harley Reyes 15 years old and he is a basketball varsity, he said he runs to increase stamina. He is running with his friends.




Dandy 32, he runs for fitness as well, he runs here at BGC during weekends or during his free time. His office is at Eco Tower too. He said he also runs in organized marathons.


Rj Ortile 30, runs for fitness and health, he regularly goes to the gym as well. 


As I walked away from Track 30th, I saw some more people running. Some have groups, some are really very serious about it as they are enrolled in classes where they get to have a trainer monitoring their progress. I hope I can find time and summon enough energy to do some running as well. I’m not getting any younger too so It’s high time for me to get fit. It’s not too late you can start running as well. For now I’ll be happy with brisk walking from Eco tower in 9th corner 32nd street up to Edsa Ayala, that’s about 3kms, not bad.








This is far from over. I will continue to take photos of runners in BGC in the coming days, so stay tuned. I plan to take photos of non-runners as well like skaters, bikers, or whatever they are doing to get fit and happy. I hope you had fun as I did taking their photos. I also hope you get inspired to run and get fit. It doesn't matter what other people are thinking about you. Don't let them hold you back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment