Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cigarettes not sold to minors

I believe that we have a law here in the Philippines against selling cigarettes to minors. Now, what happens if the minors are the ones selling the cigarettes?  I don't know.  (I don't smoke, and I don't have anything against smokers as long as they keep it away from me.) Well, I just happen to see a bunch of minors selling cigarettes in the streets of Ortigas Center, Pasig City.  I think people (particularly the ones patronizing the product) should know that if selling cigarettes to minors is against the law then so is buying from them.  It is clear that somebody sold cigarettes to these kids, or somebody gave it them, which is more kind of unlikely.  If people would not buy cigarettes from these kids(minors selling cigarettes) maybe they'll get discouraged and eventually stop selling them. I hope somebody will do something about this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment